Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions are for the benefit and protection of both you, referred to as the hirer, and us, referred to as the service provider, namely Southampton Chauffeur Hire.
1. Statutory rights - Nothing contained in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating the provisions of this service with reasonable care and skill. For further information about your statutory rights contact the Citizens' Advice Bureau.
2. Payment - Full payment will be taken either prior to the journey or at the supply of service. If payment by cheque funds must clear prior to journey. Wedding bookings and deposits are covered separately (see below). Corporate clients will be invoiced for payment within 30 days.
3. Deposits - May be required and will be non-returnable upon cancellation. Please see cancellation policy. A deposit will secure and confirm the booking and protect the service provider against financial loss.
4. Quotes - Quotes can be in writing or by E-mail and will be based upon the information given by the person making the booking and will be valid for 1 month.
5. Passengers - S Class maximum of 4 passengers. Viano maximum 7 passengers.
6. Child passengers - Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian/responsible adult. 'Booster seats' can be provided upon request at time of booking.
7. No animals - due to risk of damage or soiling to the vehicle's leather upholstery animals are not permitted. Assistance dogs are permitted.
8. Errors - The service provider is not responsible for errors made by the hirer, cancellations or timetable changes which may result in loss or delay to the hirer or passenger/s. The service provider is not responsibile for any delay caused by the passenger/s that may affect any time sensitive commitment. For example - flight, connection/s, meetings, or appointment/s.
9. Liability - Every effort will be made to get the hirer and passenger/s to the destination on time, but we are not liable for any loss due to delays caused by circumstances out of our control. In the unlikely event of a mechanical breakdown we will do our best to provide replacement transport but, in the absence of negligence, cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss as a result.
10. Property - Personal property is carried at the owners own risk and we can not accept responsibility for items left in the vehicle.
11. Drink or drugs and unreasonable or improper behaviour -We reserve the right to refuse entry to our vehicle to anyone who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or their behaviour poses a threat to the safety of our chauffeur, the vehicle or any other passengers within the vehicle. The journey will be terminated due to unreasonable or improper behaviour by any passenger. No refund or partial refund will be given.
12. Sickness & Valet Fee - Sickness in the vehicle will incurr a full valet clean of £200
as a result of making the vehicle unavailable for work and immediate attention.
13. Consumption of food and drink - at the descretion of the chauffeur.
14 Subcontracting - We reserve the right to subcontract to one of our associated companies who will offer the same standard and quality of service.
15. Cancellations - Within 24 hours of the transfer the full fee will be due. Within 48 hours of the transfer 50% of the fee will be due. If the booking is amended a refund is at the descretion of the service provider if unavailable due to the change in booking.
1. All the above Terms & Conditions apply unless otherwise stated.
2. Deposit - A 50% deposit is required upon booking and is non-refundable.
3. Balance - The outstanding balance is payable at least one calender month before the date of the event.
4. No service - will be provided unless cleared funds have been received in full.
5. Cancellations - must be made in writing/email and in excess of 90 days. In the event that we secure another booking for the same date all monies will be refunded.
6. Change of date - If the hirer changes the date of the booking we will transfer the deposit to the new date. If the new date is unavailable the hirer will forfeit the deposit.
7. Departure time - The hirer must ensure that all agreed passengers will be ready for the departure time.